Monday 21 June 2010

Opening up

So I don't know what you've heard so far of Britain or what have you seen of it, but when I came here I was full of prejudice. Which can be normal, if you go to an unknown place (or let's just say, less known) and it also can be exaggerated.
Is it fair to draw conclusions after a week? Maybe. All I know is that, I feel good here. People treat you like an adult. That's a change.
Me, on the other hand, I'm still sitting rather quietly on my chair trying to fight my complexes and trying to open up, realizing more and more each day how my culture is different. I remember when I have learnt about expats at the university and how they try to prepare them for what is coming when they go abroad, there was a rather strange exrcise during which they became more conscious of they own culture. Cause you are rarely conscious of the values you carry with yourself. I am learning more and more about myself every day. Yet I am still a little bit away from openening up. I truly believe that I have now the key to success in my hands and I should start using it.

No comments:

Post a Comment