Tuesday 15 June 2010

Ice Melting

I am a little bit behind with my encounter as this has been my second day at work and I haven't even described my first one.
First days are always important and even though you will not remember them looking back much later but for a while they determine a lot of things and you will remember your first day at least for a week or two almost every day.
Yesterday was mine and I felt just as nervous as I did starting school or university or when moving to Budapest. I am not so good with first days, I usually feel small and insignificant, in the mean time I also feel that everyone thinks something of me or feels somehow about me or have just interpreted my acts...somehow.
Most of the times, things are not as bad as you imagine and the others have similar feelings. One day you will all laugh about it drinking a cool beer and discussing the previous weekend. Or having a girls' night thinking about everything you felt and thought about each other on the first day.
Anyway, long story short, first days are days when you forget your bike chain and then run around trying to find a place for it. You sit at your new desk and look at every single person who passes by. You get introduced to loads of people whose names you will definitely have to learn all over again with time. First days pass very slowly and you are likely to count the minutes till you can go home...that is, if you find your way home.
Bust first days are beginnings, they always lead somewhere.
Luckily I got quite comfortable today, seeing that people are friendly to me, they will not laugh at my accent or if I don't find a word. I managed to make new friends today, just by meeting the neighbour and I have also caught up with some old friends.
Looking back, I see the unnecessary fear that all beginnings carry but I guess no matter how old you are and how many times you have experienced this, it is something you cannot learn. You have to go over and over it everytime...

No comments:

Post a Comment