Monday 9 August 2010

House or home?

I must say I had a very packed weekend. It had shopping in it, cleaning, cooking, but also some fun parts like looking at houses to buy or a motorcylce or catching up with Simon's friends.
It's quite interesting how your perspectives change from what a nice place to this may be the place where I will have my kids grown up. A part of me is happy, a part of me cries. But I have faith that I can pass over my values to my children if I'm persistent enough.
So having said that we had a look at three houses with S. And at this stage we just wanted to do some market research. First of all, I don't even have my permanent contract signed yet and second of allI just wanted to have a few salaries withour any limitations to take care of stuff.
And we saw to houses. Take it or leave it. Rather leave them both for the prices they had. But the third one absolutely mesmerized me. And I believe it wasn't just me. We both fell in love with it. So now when we talk, we keep brining it up, either him or me. And my heart aches for that house. But on the same hand I also feel all the pressure which comes with settling dow, having a mortgage, having children and commuting to work everyday from that very house.
So I guess this house is half-tamed mein a way that I could imagine myself in it. That's a first step. But then again first steps is all I have lately...

No comments:

Post a Comment