Monday 1 November 2010

Candles?

On my way home today as I was driving I kept reminding myself to buy some candles for tonight.
I was actually looking forward to this, because it has been a while since I have remembered those people who are now gone from my everyday life.
Today is All Saints day and we do celebrate it, in our own way. We don't necessarily remember those who fell in the wars or battles they fought for the nation (although they should have their due place in this day) but mostly we remember simple people. People who were not famous, not heroes, just heroes of our simple lives, our beloved ones.
Driving home, I was thinking how should I do this best, how many candles, tall or short, white or red - because that's the easy part, what you can buy and then for a second I just saw my grandmother in her humble simplicity, her head down as always and I just started crying. It didn't matter what will the candles be like, I just saw her with my emotional eyes and that's what mattered...of all.

No comments:

Post a Comment